Do you use chickens for...

• Total voters

lunathechicken

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2017
Hello everyone! This is basically going to be where I post updates on my chickens and you guys can follow along on the journey! I currently have 7 chickens, 4 are laying and 3 we are waiting on (also to see what gender they are). To start off our journey here is a question, do you guys use chickens for egg's, meat, or both? I use mine for just eggs and mainly keep them as pets. No judgment if you kill them, many people do and that's ok. I love the meat but I could never do that myself since I have grown on my chickens❤️

Last edited:
They are entirely free range. They have an open shed to come sleep in, only the younger ones are ever locked in at night. They stick around for breakfast, then it's off to explore the world until dinner.

I would do this but in my neighborhood we aren't supposed to have chickens. But a lot of other people do to so we thought as long as the stay in a coop it should be fine :)

I couldn't imagine ever using my chickens as meat. My chickens are basically family. :weePersonally as a vegetarian, it's sad just thinking that people can eat chickens. They are such kind creatures.

I couldn't imagine ever using my chickens as meat. My chickens are basically family. :weePersonally as a vegetarian, it's sad just thinking that people can eat chickens. They are such kind creatures.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I would personally never kill my 7 chickens (or have anyone in my family do it) because they are also Luke family to me !

Back
Top Bottom