Chicken Vet in Marin County, CA - Does anyone know one?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    We have a new person with a sick chicken and she is wondering if anyone knows of a vet in the Marin County, California area who is familiar with treating chickens.

If anyone has a referral or positive experience, if you can post it here, i will refer her over to this thread. Thanks so much in advance for your help.

(Hey, i'm wondering if we have a section for listing vet referrals by area. Might be really helpful.)

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I googled avian vet marin county and got lots of hits. I don't know Ca geography well enough to narrow it down.

In the references sticky at the top of the emergencies forum is a list of vets. Only 2 listed for Ca.

Hope the chicken is OK.

Imp

3. Spinster_Sister

Spinster_Sister Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2009
    Hawthorne, CA
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  4. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Thanks for the links, and for the post on the other thread Spinster Sister. Hope it helps her hen.

5. kcocat

kcocat New Egg

Mar 8, 2011
    This is an older post, but I'll reply so that anyone searching for a chicken vet in Marin might find this going forward..

Debra Sheenstra is an Avian vet based in Novato. She does housecalls as her primary practice. We've had her out a few times for our chickens 415-606-1454. Note that she's pretty mainstream, so if you're looking for more organic/natural methods you won't get that from her.

Pet Emergency & Specialty Center of Marin (24/7 vet care) http://www.pescm.com/ - they don't have a vet who specializes in birds, however, Dr. Bowie has a flock of backyard chickens so he's comfortable with them.

I've heard that Marin Cat's and Exotics has an Avian vet & he sees chickens. However, they have some iffy reviews on yelp. (415) 479-CATS (2287)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by