Chicken Village

A1momof3

Songster
5 Years
Feb 24, 2014
Quitman, Texas
So I am about ready to divide all my chickens up into their own coop, FBCM in one, CCL in another..... all the breeding chickens in their own place and then my chickens for egg only purposes in their own space.
A chicken Village and I found this place with all these different looking coops. Like houses so that is where I came up with making it look like a village or subdivision or little town.

But before I do anything I wanted to see if anyone has ever used their coops before and if you liked them.... was it enough room on the inside? I won't order a run with them because I like my runs to be BIG with lots of room.

http://www.urbancoops.net/welcome.html

So can someone tell me what you think?? I really don't want to take on building them because we are in the middle of doing remodel on the house.

Not personally used them, but they look nice. One thing you need to check out before putting these in your backyard is zoning restrictions. Make sure to contact your local zoning department. Make sure you don't need a permit to have these put up. Some zoning depts. have restrictions on how far the coops have to be from any living quarters. Some will let you get along with having them as "chicken tractors" as long as they are not permanent structures. Good luck on your adventure. Sounds like you have a great flock.
big_smile.png

Not personally used them, but they look nice.  One thing you need to check out before putting these in your backyard is zoning restrictions.  Make sure to contact your local zoning department.  Make sure you don't need a permit to have these put up.  Some zoning depts. have restrictions on how far the coops have to be from any living quarters.  Some will let you get along with having them as "chicken tractors" as long as they are not permanent structures.  Good luck on your adventure.  Sounds like you have a great flock.:D  

I'm pretty much in the country so we have no issues!! Well other than my money tree is in hibernation.

Back
Top Bottom