Chicken walking drunk

Feb 13, 2021
My hen got over sour crop a few weeks ago but she’s starting to walk funny sometimes. She has not been eating regularly and not very much she is also molting. It looks like she just leans to one side hard when she walks. Sometimes back and forth and she gets really low to the ground. It started Sunday now Monday. Any ideas? I’ve been giving her peanut butter mixed with pellets and eggs with yogurt. She wants to eat and is just not a whole lot she’s still red in the face and like herself just not eating much. And the funny walk. She can stand just fine and I’m keeping her nice and warm with plenty of fresh clean water with probiotics. Most of the day she sits and sleeps on a roost.

Last edited:
Make sure she is eating and drinking. Do you have pic? What does her poop look like? Also sometimes they have to get used to there balance and weight again this would explain the walking drunk cause there not used to there weight after there crop was heavy

She has solid normal color poops she pooped twice when I fed her. I cannot watch her all day as I have school I do have a camera in there with the light on. She will drink a little and I do not have a picture. But that would make sense as she use to have a baseball sized crop. Now it’s more like golf ball.

She has solid normal color poops she pooped twice when I fed her. I cannot watch her all day as I have school I do have a camera in there with the light on. She will drink a little and I do not have a picture. But that would make sense as she use to have a baseball sized crop. Now it’s more like golf ball.
Yeah just watch her. She most likely trying to fix out how to disrupte her weight

Thiesens or tractor supply. I prefer theisens. Do you have either?
I have thisens I will go tomorrow after school. I’ve also been trying to get her to gain weight. And pack on the protein. I try and feed her twice a day with peanut butter eggs seeds and some yogurt. It’s not ideal but she’s eating. She eats about a tablespoon at a time and I always check her crop in the morning. It feels like she’s drank a little water I use power hen and a powder in their water to keep their gut healthy. Thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom