Chicken walking strange and different noises

Jose11632

Songster
Sep 7, 2020
Houston, Texas
So a chicken of mine has started laying in her box more time laying there and when I put her out of her box and she got aggressive with one of my welsummer and puffed up and made cro cro noises and fought what’s happening to her

Attachments

• CB4DE33E-BF6B-4E48-9A25-7CF9627C33DA.jpeg
    CB4DE33E-BF6B-4E48-9A25-7CF9627C33DA.jpeg
    703 KB · Views: 14
Don’t really know we separated our rooster since he is hurting the hens when he mates pulling their feathers out and sometimes he doesn’t grab them correctly anyway to make her stop

Should I separate her or is there anyway to make her stop being like that
If you don’t want her to sit on eggs then you’ll want to try putting her in broody jail. I’ve never done this as I’ve always had room to let mammas be mammas. From what I know, you put them in a small crate with like a wire bottom so they can’t hold heat to incubate? Sometimes they’ll quit on their own.

If you don’t want her to sit on eggs then you’ll want to try putting her in broody jail. I’ve never done this as I’ve always had room to let mammas be mammas. From what I know, you put them in a small crate with like a wire bottom so they can’t hold heat to incubate? Sometimes they’ll quit on their own.
Also I don’t know if the eggs are combatible is there such thing as a Brahma welsummer mix or RIR welsummer or australorp x welsummer

How long ago did you remove the rooster? And as long as it was another chicken they are compatible it doesn’t matter if they are different breeds. If the eggs are fertile you can let her hatch them, you can also get fertilized eggs from someone else and let her hatch those or even try slipping a few day old chicks under her. But if you don’t want anymore chickens right now there are several tricks people use to get them to stop being broody. I think there are several articles on here about how to break a broody hen.

How long ago did you remove the rooster? And as long as it was another chicken they are compatible it doesn’t matter if they are different breeds. If the eggs are fertile you can let her hatch them, you can also get fertilized eggs from someone else and let her hatch those or even try slipping a few day old chicks under her. But if you don’t want anymore chickens right now there are several tricks people use to get them to stop being broody. I think there are several articles on here about how to break a broody hen.
Few months ago but I let him go out sometimes to see if he has gotten nicer but he still is immature sometimes he gets to the back and humps her there

Back
Top Bottom