Chicken was atracked by bob cat, chased it away brought chicken into the house in a basket with hay, she wont eat, drink or walk. I stood her up, sh.

bowiemat

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 25, 2015
Chicken attacked by Bob cat yesterday. I got her away from Bob cat. Brought her inside , put her in a basket with hay she won't eat or drink. I tried standing her up but she stood for a minute. Now down again

WindingRoad

Songster
Nov 21, 2018
Maine
Chicken attacked by Bob cat yesterday. I got her away from Bob cat. Brought her inside , put her in a basket with hay she won't eat or drink. I tried standing her up but she stood for a minute. Now down again
She has had a MAJOR trauma. She's in shock. Try to get some water into her at least. Let her rest and be very gentle. If there is something to eat that she really loves give her some in a small dish. Don't worry about nutrition right now. She's in shock. Chickens get stressed easily and just need to have time to recover and get some TLC. One of my white leghorns injuries her leg badly caught in a wire dog crate. Took her several days to be interested in food or water. I gently picked her up into a nest box and just gave her a small amount of food not to overwhelm her. Any wounds or other injuries or just scared out of her wits.

Top Bottom