chicken webcams

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by frenchhazel, Sep 3, 2008.

1. frenchhazel

frenchhazel Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2008
    Cadillac, MI
    I was just wondering if anyone uses a web cam to view their chickens. Winter time is comming and i will not want to sit and watch chicken television like I do now. So I want to buy a webcam so I can view them in the winter. I do not want to buy a junk one and was wondering if anyone uses one and what brand name. [​IMG]

2. Michigan Chickman

Michigan Chickman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    SW Michigan
    Be careful, I mentioned to my wife last night that I'd done some online research on solar powered wireless webcams for the coop and she shot me the "OMG he's lost his mind" look [​IMG] I got away with the solar light, but apparently I have some more selling to do to get her to buy in on the webcam idea! In fact I think the quote was "Your supposed to work at work, not watch your chickens"

Good luck on your quest. I'd love to hear what you come up with [​IMG]

3. ridgefire

ridgefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I just had to respond to this just so there would be 3 Michiganders in a row

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I seen a few webcam coops online. I know logitech is the best webcam to buy (IMO) as mine has never broke and I had it for 5 years now. I know if you do a google search you might find a step by step instruction guide to help you in doing it.

5. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Frenchhazel, I have a panasonic camera in my coop that I can pull up on the web. It works really great. If you want, pm me and I'll give you the link so you can see my girls.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by