My 1 yr old Barred Rock and Wyandotte both fell mysteriously ill together very quickly last Sunday, the Wyandotte passed away the next day. The Barred Rock is hanging in there but still very ill. Very lethargic, her is face pale, and her comb is dropping and a much darker red than normal. I believe they may have either eaten a poisonous bug or plant or was stung or bit by something poisonous. This is a guess - my dog's vet checked her droppings, no parasites. My other 5 hens are fine and frisky, which ruled out a viral or bacterial infection to me. Also, the fact that 2 birds fell ill at exactly the same time, rules out genetic issues. I have the Barred Rock separated and keeping her in the house. I try to entice her with all her favorite foods: meal worms, cooked meat, watermelon, crumbles, scratch and much more and now she turns her face away. She had been eating quite well for the first week of her illness and I thought she was kicking it, but now she hardly eats. I put her outside near the coop and she lays there and will peck around in the grass and dirt, and I'm hoping she is getting some nutrition from that. She won't really walk much, and when she does, it's a short distance and she walks slow and her wings are drooping down. I try to keep her outside near the other chicks a couple of times during the day for social interaction and to hopefully build her back up. When I have any of the other chicks with her, they peck her I had made a few previous posts last week and have been following some advice I've seen on my post plus other things I had tried from reading other posts, and I can't seem to find anything about getting a chicken to eat. I give her warm Epsom salt baths, which she seems to enjoy. I also had her on oxytetracycline for 7 days (in case it was an infection), I also used Safe-guard dewormer (just in case it was worms). I took a sick chicken to a nearby avian vet, who didn't seem to be an expert on chickens, and she ran every imaginable test possible (most tests were not warranted by the symptoms) and I was charged over $300 and the chicken died anyway (she was very young, and I'm thinking it was some type of genetic defect. She wasn't growing and was beginning to look deformed.) So, I don't see that as an option. Any ideas on how I can get her to eat to help her bring her strength back? I am giving her Poly Vi Sol Vitamins (no iron). HELP!!! Thank you in advance for any advice or inspiration you may have!