Chicken Wire Blues

7L Farm

Songster
9 Years
Jul 22, 2010
Anderson, Texas
Yep. I used chicken wire & after reading all the threads about using hardware cloth. I bought an electric fence. But still not satisfied because my chickens are fix-in to lay & I don't wanna loose any eggs to Mr snake so I'm getting half inch cloth today & I'm gonna bury it about 4" in the ground on the inside of the coop & come up from there. Should I just go up a few feet or what. Like I said I do have electric fence. Here is the coop.This picture was taken before I installed the hot wire. Please, give me some ideas. I'm putting the cloth on the inside because the electric fence is already on the outside.
63768_p7230086.jpg
63768_p7250088.jpg

7L Farm- So I am having a similar issue with my coop in that I want to lay flat some chicken wire over the ground inside my coop to keep rats out. There are about 1/2 dozen borrows on the ground floor and I think if I just lay chicken wire along the ground floor and bend the sides up the edges of the closed walls this will help keep them out. Any advise? I was just going to use the small holed chicken wire, but I am interested in this fabric you are talking about. What is it?

Back
Top Bottom