chicken with a cold

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by juliecarkhuff, Nov 8, 2011.

1. juliecarkhuff

juliecarkhuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2011
    I have a 6 month old EE who seems to have a cold she has a runny nose and is sneezing. She is eating and drinking great and her poop is good. she is still running around and looks like she feels good. these are my first chickens and I'm not sure what to do. I have 29 other chickens and they all seem fine. I wipe her nose every time I go out and check on them, but don't know what else to do for her. any suggestions?

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Keep her away from everyone else. Chickens don't get colds. This sounds like it's a respiratory illness.

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I took mine from the group.Put it in the garage and gave some sulmet in the drinking water. I might have even popped some antibios down her throat.One other got sick and put into the garage with her.They stayed till no more boogers,sneezing, and wet rattle,and then back with the others. I do not recall if I gave the other 6 sulmet in the water,but that IS an option.To treat them all,but more intensive meds with the sick one.

4. juliecarkhuff

juliecarkhuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2011
    at tractor supply they said to use tylan is this ok?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by