1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken with a puffy eye and dog attack....Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by AnnaGraceD, Oct 16, 2016.

1. AnnaGraceD

AnnaGraceD Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2016
    Today I noticed one of my Self blue seramas had a puffy eye. It has a little clear discharge that is coming out. Then a couple hours after I saw it a dog attacked the poor thing and put him into shock and gave a small puncture on his side. I cleaned his wound with hydrogen peroxide and then wiped it with a little witch hazel extract. I think it will be fine but I dont know about his puffy eye. He is really lethargic and sick now. What to do?

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    How is your chicken today? If the eye was only puffy the swelling will probably go down. Keep the puncture treated, though. Best of luck. :hugs

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  3. AnnaGraceD

AnnaGraceD Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2016
    He died last night. I think it was because he was always a fragile bird and when he went in shock it really took its toll on him.:(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by