Chicken with cancer or infection?

Thank you Wyorp Rock for the information and help!

It turns out I only have Tylan 200 which I understand is a higher concentration. What would be the dosing for this specific medication?

Also, since Tylan causes necrosis of the tissue, does that mean it will occur in the smooth muscle of the GI tract?

Thank you for your time

Here is an update. I completed the five days of Tylan 200. At the end of it, his waddles and comb has successfully reduced to normal size. However, he still has trouble eating, all the skin on his face has turned pale (only turns red when I am nearby), he's losing weight, and is starting to walk with lethargy.
In other words
Pros: His comb and waddles are back to normal
Con: Lethargic, pale comb, losing weight, still gags to eat, and still has a small module on his throat.

I have been providing some Nutri-drench to help boost his minerals and vitamins. What should I do next? Is there still hope for him?

I agree. Sadly, he passed away yesterday morning of unknown causes. Thank you all for the help in the attempt to save him.

Very sorry for your loss. Did you try to send the body off for a necropsy? Your state vet can do those to look for a cause of death, if you keep the body cold and send it in.

Thank you for your kindness. I didn't send him in because he happened to pass away on the day I had a family event planned. Putting a dead bird in the fridge would is not something I was particularly interested in doing at this time. Although, I sincerely thank you for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom