Chicken with crazy pupils and body spasms.

maggieroque456

In the Brooder
Jul 29, 2021
Hey there!

I have a young cockerel who this morning when I went to open up the coop was twitching quite aggressively. So I picked him up to check him out and I noticed is pupils were going crazy. Big, then small very rapidly… after a few minutes it seemed to stop. Everything I google keeps showing mareks but I got these bird specifically because they were vaccinated against mareks…. Any ideas?

Pictures, & or video of the bird in question?

To upload a video, it has to be uploaded to YouTube, & linked back here.

There's a few possibilities of what can be causing the Seizures:

Heat Stroke

Brain Tumor

Marek's Disease

Vitamin Deficiency

Congenital Brain Disease

Brain Injury

Equine Encephalitis(High Mortality Rate)
No videos yet but if it happens again I’ll try and catch it. I kind of thought it seemed like a seizure but I’ve never seen a chicken have one before so I wasn’t sure. I’ll try adding some more vitamins to his water and see if it helps! Hopefully it’s just that haha he was the one rooster I was planning to keep around.

Pictures, & or video of the bird in question?

To upload a video, it has to be uploaded to YouTube, & linked back here.

There's a few possibilities of what can be causing the Seizures:

Heat Stroke

Brain Tumor

Marek's Disease

Vitamin Deficiency

Congenital Brain Disease

Brain Injury

Equine Encephalitis(High Mortality Rate)

No videos yet but if it happens again I’ll try and catch it. I kind of thought it seemed like a seizure but I’ve never seen a chicken have one before so I wasn’t sure. I’ll try adding some more vitamins to his water and see if it helps! Hopefully it’s just that haha he was the one rooster I was planning to keep around.
What do you feed?

Sounds good. Update if it happens again, or clears up?

Back
Top Bottom