1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chicken with pneumonia,looking for natural treatment

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cassiope, Apr 1, 2011.

1. cassiope

cassiope New Egg

Apr 1, 2011
    My flock is infected with pneumonia, does anyone has an effective natural treatment? I do no want to get them antibiotics, and would ike to know if any one has tried with success adding some essential oils or other to their drinking water to cure the disease
    lucie

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  3. Batty about Banties

Batty about Banties Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Gorge
    Quote:How do you know its pneumonia? I have a hen who is weezing and sneezing. Was wondering how I would make a diagnosis or how you did....

4. cassiope

cassiope New Egg

Apr 1, 2011
    Hi, I have brought some to the slaughter house and it is the vet there that told me that some have pneumonia, you can actually tell because they wheeze when they breathe, if your hens cough and have runny nose, it is probably choriza and need some medecine, i do not know the name of it for laat time mine had it was summer so i isolated them in an outside pen with lots of fresh water and sun in a dry spot and only one actually died from it, but i was told i was lucky. I am looking up for oxine but it is hard to come buy in quebec, so i might have to buy it from the states, hoping they don't confiscate it at the border

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I wouldn't think they would confiscate it at the border it's not drugs.. just be sure to show them what it is with a print out from the shagbarkbantams. Good luck and God bless you for getting those girls out of that place.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by