chicken with smelly poopy butt with some fresh popping out

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by snowgoer, Nov 10, 2009.

1. snowgoer

snowgoer New Egg

Jun 15, 2009
    I have a 6 month old chicken that has the very messy butt. It is very smelly and a bubble of fresh is coming out of her vent. I keep her away from the rest of the flock. She is the only one that has this problem. What do I do to cure this?

2. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    are you saying a bubble of fresh poo or a bubble of Flesh as in part of her anatomy is sticking out?

3. snowgoer

snowgoer New Egg

Jun 15, 2009
    I mean flesh. she has a bubble of flesh coming out of her vent. I'm going to wash with warm soapy water and I was thinking of pushing it back in with alittle hemorrhoid cream

4. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    sounds like she may have a prolapsed vent, I do not know enough about that to give you any answers, but you may want to do a search

5. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:You're on the right track, I would do exactly that myself. I would also keep her isolated from the others until she heals up. Good luck!!

6. snowgoer

snowgoer New Egg

Jun 15, 2009
    I just cleaned her up. I put the cream around and on my gloved finger and pushed all things inside. She is now alone in a old rabbit hutch I use for medical purposes. Should I keep using the cream? She's so young to have this kind of problems!!! I really do appreciate your help--EVERYONE. There's no one in my area I can turn to for help with chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by