Chicken with watery eyes.

Nataleebenninghoff

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2021
Hello, we currently have our new flock. Second time doing this!! Well when they were baby’s one chicken had watery eyes to were they would be covered with gunk. We used terramycin and it went away after a week. And was gone for a while. It recently just came back and I have been using terramycin and it’s helped but it’s still there the next day. She is sneezing at times and so is the flock. Her comb isn’t red like the outhers yet and she is the smallest out of them but not to small. What could this be? Any treatments? What can I do to prevent in the future.
the 2nd flock I’m talking about is olmost 3 months old and as of our original first flock they are well over a year.
Thank you!

Is 'watery eye's with gunk' the only symptom? How old? What kind of bedding are you using? Is flock 1 & 2 together? Location/weather conditions? Free ranged or cooped?

It's possible it's a respiratory issue, or it's the bedding since the whole flock sneezes.

Hello thanks for the response :)
I meant the gunk when she was a baby but now it’s just watery and bubbly sometimes in corners. Flock one and 2 are together in a coop but seperated at night in two different hen houses. The older girls drink out the same water as them.
Symptom wise- I’ve noticed sneezing, not just her but outhers and only eye problem is in her.
She and her flock are 3 months on the 12th.
Dirt floor.
free range when they want the door is open sometimes they just choose to stay in or out depending on day.
location/ Suffolk va
Weather/ getting humid lately but as of now rainy

Back
Top Bottom