Chicken with wry neck

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Bmp1328, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Bmp1328

Bmp1328 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2017
    I have a chicken with wry neck. I have done research and have read to use poly vi sol, vitamin E and selenium to treat this. I am trying to figure out how much of each I can give her without overdosing her. She has been doing the head turning thing since Sunday night (before that I didn't notice anything wrong with her other than she stopped laying about 2 weeks before that). She eats layer feed and free ranges in the yard all day. None of the other hens seem to have anything wrong with them (they are all laying just about every day). If you have any suggestions I am open to them. I just want to make sure I am giving her enough of the vitamins but not overdoing it. She is a little less than a year old. Thanks!

2. Bmp1328

Bmp1328 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2017
    Anyone know this? I could really use the help. Thanks!

3. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 The truck is off my head now. Premium Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada
    I don't know the dosage off hand for Polyvisol for a chicken.

I have water soluble vitamins on hand, so I usually mix up a batch and administer that. How old is your chicken?

Here's a few people who may be able to assist with that off the top of my head...
    @Wyorp Rock
    @casportpony
    @Eggcessive

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Can you post some pictures and a video?

5. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 The truck is off my head now. Premium Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada
    Oh geez...I just re-read your original post and I see she's just under a year. Sorry about missing that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by