Chicken worms

CEO

Songster
Jun 14, 2021
I saw a clump of worms (looked like roundworms) in my chickens poo. I have Fenbendazol/safeguard dewormer for goats how much should I put in their water? I was thinking per gallon, thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    672.7 KB · Views: 22
I saw a clump of worms (looked like roundworms) in my chickens poo. I have Fenbendazol/safeguard dewormer for goats how much should I put in their water? I was thinking per gallon, thanks.
Gail Damerow says 3ml x gallon for three days and repeat in 10 days. One of my hens had really bad tapeworms and I'm not sure this was enough for her. I followed specifically with her with three days of poultry wormer 5x, 1 capsule made into paste and fed on bread. I'm now 10 days later on the second course of the 3ml x gallon and I finally don't see any more tapeworms in her poo. I've seen some people suggest a five day course. It's my first experience with this, so I'm sure others will have more sage advice!

Safeguard liquid goat wormer is not soluble in water and is ineffective. Been there, done that. It should be given orally to each chicken using a syringe without a needle for 5 days straight to eliminate all types of roundworms.
I've used it in the past for tapeworms and it was ineffective. Equimax or Zimecterin equine paste will get rid of tapeworms pronto.

Back
Top Bottom