1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Cheryl in Georgia, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Cheryl in Georgia

Cheryl in Georgia New Egg

Mar 30, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I live in an unicorporated part of a military town. This little gal showed up around Christmas, in my neighbors magnolia tree. There are some farms around, but I just don't know why she came to our subdivision. She adopted me and now eats at my house and sleeps at my neighbors. She thanked me with laying an egg for 3 days in a row. What type of chicken is she?

2. beckt

beckt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Indiana
    I don't know what breed she is. Is she very small? If so a bantam of some sort. She is very pretty.

3. shemarie

shemarie Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2007
    Topeka, KS
    Could she be a Buff Orpington cross? Her head kind of looks like my Orpington. She is pretty!

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

What a little cutie! [​IMG]

5. Cheryl in Georgia

Cheryl in Georgia New Egg

Mar 30, 2007
    She is very small. I am just in awe that she came to live between me and my neighbor. Makes me want to get more, but I have 2 dogs. They live in the back yard she lives in the front. My neighbors surely would have a fit if I raised chickens in my front yard. [​IMG]

6. V Chic Chick

V Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bristol, England
    It looks to me like she is a cross breed, a bantam. What are you feeding her?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by