1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chickendiva25 and equinehugger3's Art class! Basic horses.

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by chickendiva25, Aug 22, 2011.

1. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

chickendiva25 and equinehugger3's Art class: Basic horses

Hey all! [​IMG] Welcome to CD25 and EH3's Art class, where we'll be teaching you the basics of drawing realistic horses.

Lessons shall be updated on the weekends, seven days from the original post containing the lesson. [​IMG]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: This class is for learning the basics of drawing horses. Its for students to get the basics down, then build up from there. [​IMG]

Students:
    Chicklover98
    horsecrazychicklovingkid
    Zinnia-hen

Before we start lessons, I would like each student to post a picture of a horse they have recently drawn. That way we can know what level you might be in. [​IMG]

First lesson:
    We shall start with basic anatomy. Draw a basic, very basic stick drawing of a horse. Such as this: [​IMG] I'm excited to see all of your artwork, good luck! CD25&EH3

Second lesson:
    Building on....

Now, we shall build on! Here is how it shall work. ((Hopefully.))

Take your photo of the basic anatomy horse, and begin to make it seem "Fleshy-er." This is how I did it. [​IMG]
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    I built on, making the lines connect and curve into a more bodily shape. After that, I erased the top of the leg, and made them slightly larger and connected them as well. I then lightly erased the circles on the withers, stomach, and hind quarters, and very very lightly re-traced them so you can still see them. Then, I went back to the legs. I made the legs a bit more shapely, traced over the circles in the middle of the leg and near the hooves, then erased and lightly re-traced them so they could still be seen.

And, if you didn't get any of that, just do what my picture did without completely copying it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Full body.

[​IMG]
    Er, back legs I think.

[​IMG]
    Front legs.

[​IMG]
    Stomach and chest.

[​IMG]
    Head and neck.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  2. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

can you draw cheese?

3. chickendiva25

Quote:Probably. [​IMG] What kind? [​IMG]

4. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I'll join! I stink at horses! [​IMG]

6. chickendiva25

Quote:[​IMG] Awesome, just fill out a form on EH3's art academy page, and you're good to go! [​IMG]

7. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I already have a form. [​IMG]

8. chickendiva25

Quote:Okay. [​IMG] Well, I huess I should add you to the list of students then. [​IMG]

9. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I can't draw anything, nevermind a horse! [​IMG]

10. chickendiva25

Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by