1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ChickenDuck and HIS babies! My 'broody' roo! (PICS!)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 4H kids and mom, May 12, 2007.

1. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    I knew you guys just HAD to see my sweet ChickenDuck with the babies he so loves. [​IMG] Control yourselves now! Remember who his Mama is! Step away from my ChickenDuck! He's MY ChickenDuck! You hear me? Mine! LOL [​IMG]

Ok, anyway (sorry, I'm in a REALLY good mood!) here he is trying to 'brood' the babies and chasing away any foe that comes near them. Wether its another chicken, or a leaf! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He was trying to chase ME off in that last one! lol Gosh I love him! Never thought I'd love a silly chicken quite so much.... [​IMG]

PS...See how big and handsome he is now? He's a keeper! [​IMG] And he'll be 10 weeks old on Tuesday! What a big boy! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  2. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Awwww....what a great boy he is!!! Great pics![​IMG]

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awwww, what a super daddy! Dont forget HIM on fathers day! He deserves a NICE treat!

4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

That is so funny!!! What a great roo he is - and very beautiful, too. Can't wait to see what he looks like when he's mature.

Lori

5. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Gosh, he just gets more good looking, and what a sweetie!
    That last one is funny....'Move along, move along, nothing to see here...' [​IMG]

6. ChloesChicky

ChloesChicky Out Of The Brooder

Great pics! Has "chickenduck" been added to the dictionary yet?[​IMG]

7. 4H kids and mom

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Hmm... the dictionary? Maybe I should contact Webster! lol [​IMG]

8. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Do you think we could have a "Rooster of the Year" contest/award? Surely Chickenduck would win (although soccerguy's roo would give him a run for his money)! What a good boy he is! Did you mean 10 weeks or 10 months??

Ellen

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Such cute pictures! I just love ChickenDuck!!! Give him a kiss and some grapes for me! [​IMG]

10. 4H kids and mom

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Do you think we could have a "Rooster of the Year" contest/award? Surely Chickenduck would win (although soccerguy's roo would give him a run for his money)! What a good boy he is! Did you mean 10 weeks or 10 months??

He is just 10 weeks old. [​IMG] Thats a cute idea about the roo of the year thing! ChickenDuck sure has his group of "followers" here! The kids and I sure get a kick outta how much you all love him! Makes us snuggle him even more! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by