Chickenlisa's ducks--UPDATED WITH PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by farmerlor, Apr 15, 2009.

1. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay......so it looks like we're done with duckies here. I got three very live, very healthy baby ducks running around. Now what are they? LOL! One is black....could be gonna be green someday with yellow on chest and belly and just a dot on the head. The other two are blue, no doubt about it but they too have the yellow markings. So I figured that the first one was a Cayuga but are the other two mixed blue Swedish and Cayuga or do Swedish also have the yellow markings? Still can't open the incubator to take pics so we'll have to wait on that.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    My Cayugas don't have any yellow on them (when babies) or white as adults. They were and are all black. The Blue and Black Swedish start out that color with yellow bib or chests. Can't wait for pics! So glad they hatched and are healthy!
    Lisa

3. farmerlor

Quote:Cool, thanks!!! Then we have one black and two blue Swedish ducks. Yea!

4. farmerlor

Here's the babies:
    First one of the blues:
    [​IMG]
    And a group pic-one black, two blues
    [​IMG]

5. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    oh what great photos! I love them! They are adorable! I have 5 black Swedish babies in my brooder box- all for sale. They are less than a week old- almost 1 week old. If you are anywhere near E. PA or NJ...they are $5 each. I had an interested person who couldn't wait for them to hatch and for her to pick them up, but now has backed out until they are old enough to be outside. I can't keep them that long- I've got chicks in that brooder box for the next month at least.
    SO if anyone is interested in these adorable duckies' siblings, let me know.
    Great job Lori!
    Lisa

6. farmerlor

And they're smart!! Even though they follow the little baby turkey around like she might know something or be some kind of leader they're eating and drinking very well so they remind the turkey where the food is so she's eating and drinking. Yea!!
    Gosh, I hope you find someone to take your babies. They really are so cute and sweet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by