chickenosaur?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AK_Button_Mama, Mar 24, 2009.

1. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    I was watching the science chanel last night (way past my bed time too) there was this REALLy cool show on about how scientist are trying to recreate dinosaours using chickens.. here is a article regarding it: http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/03/05/dinosaur-chicken.html
    I
    thought it was cool that they have really discovered that chickens/birds are REALLY decendents of dinos.....

I have ALWAYS thought the Modern game bantams looked like mini veloceraptors....now I kno why!!!

Ask me the phylisophical question, Do I think that recreating a dinosaur is a good idea and I will probably say, nope! evolution has a purpose. I believe that things fade out because they cant survive.... I am a evolutionist at heart and thing should be left alone....

Ask me if I think it would be cool to see a dino... HECK yeah.... it would be very neat. perhaps we could learn soemthing from seeing them alive.

anyway I am not trying to ruffle any ones feathers with philisopical talk. I just thought you guys might want to see where your chickens potentially came from... and some cool things they are doing in embryology!

let me know what ya think!!!

2. jlmann

jlmann Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    I always think about chickens being descended from dinos EVERY time someone posts about an agressive bird or pecking in their flock. I certainly wouldn't want to fall down or anything in my coop because I know my birds would peck ME - they peck at everything else!!

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

What about the Malays/Shamos/Aseels? LOL I think it's cool and I think part of why I love my chickens so much is because they remind me of my reptiles! [​IMG]

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    When I see my RIR go for fingers on the hand that isn't even holding food, I know for certain that she's evolved from dinosaurs.

5. AK_Button_Mama

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    I was thinking about my next run of chicken names being dinosaurs!!! maybe a little velociraptor and a t-rex... no brauntosaurs thou they are to big!!! heeehheeee

6. AK_Button_Mama

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    I wonder if dinosaurs liked shiney stuff like my girls do!!!! they love to peck my braclet!!!

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Any time I watch my chickers racing around the yard chasing the hen that got the bug it makes me think of dinosaurs!!

8. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Wah! I loved dinos well enough when i was in kindergarten but I don't want to have some creepy Jurassic Park thing going on... [​IMG]
    Our red star looks like a little t-rex... or rather, t-red! [​IMG]

9. AK_Button_Mama

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    that is kind of wierd to think that they could be running around but if you read what it says that it wouldnt be able to reporduce as a dino it would still be a chicken just that some activating protiens would start and stop production of certain things at certtain times....so it would be a chicken that LOOKS liek a dino....not a real dino!!! it was a super cool show and I wish I had paid more attention to it cause I was tired and half dosing while I was watching it

10. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I don't think there has been much question for years on whether or not birds are descended from dinos. Archaeopteryx anyone? Just wiki "feathered dinosaurs" and you will find tons of info.

A pic DH took, granted he creepied it up quite a bit, but it's easy to imagine a clean dino body instead of a feathered chicken body at the end of it.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by