Chickens 21 weeks gender

zaapoole

In the Brooder
May 30, 2016
My six chicks are now nearly 21 weeks im still unsure of the gender of about three of them! We have two away to a friend as they are definitely cockerels and she was happy to have them so now I have four at home. Three or two out of the four LOOK like cockerels but I read that they start crowing when the start looking like cockerels and they starting looking like cockerels about five weeks ago... also the two appenzellers that I gave away starts crowing at about 9 weeks I think so quite a lot earlier and they did not look like roosters then..

The first one I personally think is a cockerel because of the feathers and just the face but I'm not sure - also I'm not sure what breed he is as he's meant to be a RIR but he/she looks like more of a mix

The next one is supposedly a welsummer but I am very unsure of the gender as he/she has quite a small comb in comparison to the others and smaller feet although has the same side feathers so... :idunno

The next one is also meant to be a welsummer ...

And the last one I think is definitely a girl and I think is a brahma but not sure

Thanks so much for your help and fingers crossed for lots of hens!

Thanks for the replies the first one has started crowing so definitely boy but still not sure about others. Found a shellless egg this morning so porsibbly layed by the light brahma? But could have been one of the others

Thanks for the replies the first one has started crowing so definitely boy but still not sure about others. Found a shellless egg this morning so porsibbly layed by the light brahma? But could have been one of the others

Yep would have had to have been Brahma because other ones definitely cockerels

Ok thanks, I meant the adult chickens that we already had sorry didn't make that clear! But I think it was the brahma

Back
Top Bottom