Chickens acting strange..

Dolphingal16

Hatching
Nov 18, 2021
My chickens stopped laying almost a month ago. We have around 17 hens now. We started with brown layers a couple years ago. Introduced 8 deklabs about a year ago. They seemed to get along fine over time. They just started picking on some of the white layers a couple months ago. They have gotten really small. And just a couple days ago they killed two of the white layers. About 2 months ago we introduced 4 Easter Eggers that we raised from chicks into the flock. Could this be why the brown layers stopped laying and killed two white hens? We also introduced a couple Easter egger roosters. And they don't seem to go around the older rooster who's already been there. He's about 4yrs old. But I have noticed he has started losing weight recently. What all could be going on with my flock? They have lots of room and we put a light on for extra hours of daylight like we always have.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC.
What makes you think the newer birds killed the other birds?
Have you noticed anyone having trouble walking?
How many square feet is your coop and run?
What exactly do you feed?
I don't believe the new hens killed the white layers. I think it was either the new roosters or brown layers. I've seen the brown layers peck at the deklabs when they go to eat, but they figured out the "pecking order" and would just go to another spot to eat in the coop. No troubles walking. They mainly get laying crumb and scratch from our local feed store.

Back
Top Bottom