can chickens be allergic to pine wood shavings? ive started bringing in a few of my younger and smaller hens for the winter (their run gets terribly muddy so they spend winter inside) ive changed from straw pellets to sawdust/shavings this year due to money issues(!) and i think the hens ar allergic? every hen ive brought inside has gottenn 'sick' within a few days. they start wheezing/sneezing and become less active. 0 eggs but appetite stays good. eyes seem a little swollen/runny but no discharge from nose or mouth. the chickens i have inside at the moment are 6 chabos 6 orpingtons and 8 bantam cochins. the orpingtons seem most affected. do chickens get allergys or is it more likely they have a virus or something?