Chickens and Cats

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pepicat, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Pepicat

Pepicat Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2009
    Who has chickens and cats, a show of cyber hands?

2. Pepicat

Nov 10, 2009
    My familys cats (Stella and Max) are kind of sceard of the brown shavers in the back yard![​IMG]

3. obxWaMi

obxWaMi Chillin' With My Peeps

I do! 4 indoor cats, 7 outdoor chickens.

Also have a chihuahua, two parrots, and 3 goldfish.

4. peachesdeese

peachesdeese Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Lancaster, SC
    My kitten is actually IN THE BROODER BOX with the chicks right now....ughhhh. I am NOT KIDDING!!!!

5. Pepicat

Nov 10, 2009
    Really? AGH poor cat! What your cat is trying to say is LET ME OUT!( He/she should be fine though)[​IMG]

6. Pepicat

Nov 10, 2009
    My family's cat, Max just walks up to them to try and sniff them. The odd thing is the head hen does not sceare him off but my youngest chicken does!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  7. peachesdeese

peachesdeese Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Lancaster, SC
    Quote:LOL....shes a foster kitten. I use those clear 30 gallon totes from walmart as brooders. They sit in the floor in my office under a heatlamp. The kitten gets in there and goes to sleep. She doesn't bother them at all. I guess shes cold! [​IMG]

8. osukrazykate

osukrazykate Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 5 kitties, 2 older and 3 almost a year old. The younger three follow me to feed chickens and one of them even lays there while the chicken peck right around him.

9. AK Michelle

AK Michelle Bad Girl of the North

Mar 17, 2009
    Palmer, Alaska
    Misty and Esmerelda are our guard kitties. They make sure none of the wild birds get near my chickens.

[​IMG]

I've seen the cats tag team magpies that tried to get after my chicks. They love to hunt the mice and voles that try and get into the chicken feed too.

[​IMG]

10. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    my barn cats are big mousers and all ignore the chickens. the kitten will sleep with the hens sometimes in the coop, when captain or morgan bring out a mouse in the yard to show me, the chickens come running to see their prize as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by