Chickens and cooked peanuts

tomfromsc

Songster
Nov 6, 2017
South Carolina
I was at tractor supply yesterday and I found a wild bird food mix that has sunflower mealworms flax seed and several other seed but has a small amount of dried peanuts I'm not sure about the peanuts but everything else sounds like it will be good for them as a high protein treat while they're molting anyone ever try it

I was at tractor supply yesterday and I found a wild bird food mix that has sunflower mealworms flax seed and several other seed but has a small amount of dried peanuts I'm not sure about the peanuts but everything else sounds like it will be good for them as a high protein treat while they're molting anyone ever try it

We used to buy a treat mix made for poultry that had small amounts of peanuts in it. never had any problem. But not sure they ate the peanuts. They love the mealworms and seeds.

I sometimes chop some roasted UNsalted peanuts into their greens, as a protein boost. I've never noticed any ill effects in my chickens or coturnix quail.

Edited to add: dry roasted and raw are OK as well - as long as they are unsalted. I buy my peanuts at the bulk store. My pigeons love them too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom