Chickens and Geese

SilverRain81

Hatching
12 Years
Jul 10, 2007
I am a fairly new mom (now into week 7) of two geese and five chickens. I taught first grade last year and was given eggs to incubate. I tried to find the "right" family for my flock, but none were up to par. Now I have them at home. I am wondering if geese and chickens can live happily together and how I can tell the gender of my chickens and two geese. Also, they sleep in my bedroom at night and are outside in the day; they all hate to be outside after dark and bang at the door to come in. How can I train them to sleep outside? I'm currently building a coop, but they won't stay out past sunset. Please help!

Welcome!!

Until you have an outside coop for them, your bedroom IS their coop and they want IN. The sooner you can get their coop done, the better. Yes, chickens and geese can get along just fine. I have friends that have both that get along famously. Gender--can you post pictures? Or there is always the "wait til they crow or lay eggs" method".
lol.png
What kind of geese do you have?

I don't know what kind of geese or chickens I have. I was just given the eggs without instructions and an incubator. I'm kind of just learning as I go along.

Back
Top Bottom