Chickens and lightning bugs

Nitrous

Songster
8 Years
Dec 28, 2011
Coeur d'Alene, ID
I wish lightning bugs came out before chicken's bedtimes. Watching chickens chase bugs that only fly a few feet off the ground and light up? Hours of fun... but not for the bugs.

HAHA! One of the fun parts of having chickens. Not sure how many you have but when you have a bunch of babies in brooders, its hilarious watching 100 baby chicks chase a fly! Their so curious..

I wish lightning bugs came out before chicken's bedtimes. Watching chickens chase bugs that only fly a few feet off the ground and light up? Hours of fun... but not for the bugs.

I think it's great that chickens are born able to find their own food and walk around. Other birds spend weeks having to be barf-fed by mom, but chickens are up and at 'em right away. Ducklings too! Self sufficient little critters.

They sure are! Ducks are really hilarious, they just LOVE flies! Watching them try to catch them, who needs t.v.???
lol.png

HAHA! One of the fun parts of having chickens. Not sure how many you have but when you have a bunch of babies in brooders, its hilarious watching 100 baby chicks chase a fly! Their so curious..

That actually sounds pretty awesome. I've only ever had two or three chicks at one time, so I've never laid eyes on this spectacle before (as I'm sure it is! :p)
I'm actually a little bit amazed to find out lightning bugs are actually... real bugs. I have never heard of them talked about before, so when I heard the reference ina song I assumed it was just a metaphor. :gig

Back
Top Bottom