1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens and other poultry for sale in NJ! Need homes soon!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have several birds that still need homes. I have:

Chickens
    ~buff orphington (looks like a hen)
    ~couple of black chickens (Sex still unknown but looking to be hens)
    ~some barred rocks
    ~a dominique or two
    ~a white crested black polish (Head feathers were plucked a bit by the others and need to grow back in)
    ~a white chicken that looks like a white rock
    ~two bantam roos with unusual coloring. Almost look crele
    ~A couple chipmunk striped ones (Not sure of breed or sex)
    ~Two very pretty black cochins that look like a pair
    ~A few red chicks that could be RIR or new hampshire
    ~A few other various ones
    ~Two turkens

*Asking $5 a piece for these guys*

Turkey

I have one younger turkey who's looking like a female. Not sure of breed. I thought it was a BBB Turkey, but the coloring has thrown me. Asking $8

Ducks

I have two Pekin ducks who are getting HUGE! Very nice looking ducks. Almost looks like a pair, but it's still too early to tell. These guys are ready to go into a coop. Not set on price yet, so if you're interested let me know and I'll think of something. Ducks this size usually sell anywhere from $8 to $10. (Update- One is definitely female)

I may also have one blue swedish duck. I'm hoping for at least one male out of the two that I have. Let me know if you are interested. (Update-One swedish is definitely a female)

I also have a khaki campbell I'm thinking of finding a new home for. For some reason he developed a cockeyed neck, but he functions normally otherwise. Pretty looking duck and you can barely tell about his neck unless you touch it. He is $5 to a good home only. (The only reason I am asking five dollars is to cover some feed. I would be willing to make a deal if you want to buy any of the others though)

I am located in Hope, NJ. Pick up preferred, but I will work with you if you wish me to ship these guys. Chickens are about a month and a half old, perhaps a bit older. Ducks except for the khaki are the same age as chickens, but considerably larger. Turkeys is also same age. The khaki is full grown and probably a year old now.

2. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi there! I should be able to ship!

Which ones would you be interested in? I cannot guarantee sex on any of them, but I'm pretty good with sexing accurately. I've only ever been surprised a few times, not to mention I can take pictures for you too!

3. Keshiaandadam

Keshiaandadam Cooped Up

Jun 2, 2007
    whatever ones you think are female even if they dont turn out to be its okay but i will let you judge email me if i can have them thanks!

4. Keshiaandadam

Keshiaandadam Cooped Up

Jun 2, 2007
    you give me $60 worth you chose which ones!!

5. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ok, I'm sure I can do that!

Is that $60 including the shipping? Shipping usually runs around $40-$45. I have to just check and see how much the boxes cost with the new filters, but it shouldn't be too much more from the website I usually order from.

Just let me know. I will be sure to send you my address so you can send the money. I don't have paypal, so money orders are usually the best. I've sent out birds three times before and have had really good luck. I usually stick in some cucumber or tomatoes for them to munch on during the ride, but if you are in Vermont, it won't be too long of a journey.

I will go and separate all the ones I think are the females. Looking at them, I think most of them are, but I will take pictures and show you. They are still pretty light, so they should all fit into one box fine.

I actually have a cousin who lives in Vermont. I'm not sure where though. I wonder if she is near you?

I will be sure to e-mail you as soon as I can!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by