I've been battling a terrible mouse problem in my coop for several months. We moved all potential nesting areas away from the coop, and I was using several different types of traps. I was killing at least 6 mice a night, usually more than that. I had been picking up the chicken feed at night. Nothing was helping, so I decided to use poison as a last resort. My coop has an adjoining barn, so I put the poison in there behind the plywood walls where the chickens couldn't get to it. They don't go in there anyway, but just to be safe. After a week I started finding dead mice everywhere, and an occasional dead one in the coop. I'd pick them up as I found them so that the chickens couldn't eat them. Mouse issue is pretty much under control. Went out this weekend to check on the girls, found a hen dead under the nest boxes. No signs of bleeding, or illness otherwise, she was fine that morning. Not sure if it was that she ate a 'poisoned' mouse, but just assumed so. I have searched high and low to find an answer to this question: How long until I can eat the eggs? I've thrown away all that I had, and have been throwing eggs out everyday as a precaution. The mouse poison was picked up as soon as I found the dead hen this past weekend. Everyone else seems healthy and happy, but I don't know if the eggs are safe to eat, or how long I should wait until we do eat them. I found another dead mouse this morning.