Chickens and their eggs! Help me with when!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SIMPleChick, Jun 5, 2011.

1. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    I know that chickens can lay any time after 16 weeks, my question is....When did your specific breed start laying???
    I have:
    3 EE's
    1 BR
    1 Leghorn
    1 BA
    1 Blk sexlink
    1 Red sexlink
    2 Welsummers
    1 Cuckoo Maran
    So....how old were your kinds of chicks when they started laying...also, what were the physical signs before laying? Ear lobes or comb fully colored???
    Thanks, I appreciate all the help!!!

2. aggie9296

aggie9296 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    4 red sex links. started doing the egg squat, bright red combs, new red wattles, started laying shortly thereafter at 16-17 weeks.

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    My sex links always laid at 16 weeks almost exactly (about a week after they started squatting when you reach to pet them) and my EE's sometimes took up to 22 weeks or longer...they seem to take forever! Wellies started laying about 20 same with the barred rock. Not sure of the others...never had them YET [​IMG] It did seem that every one of my chickens would lay her first egg about a week or so after seeing them squat for the first time.

4. SIMPleChick

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    This is awsome! Just what I need! Keep them coming!!! Oh...and if you want to add pictures for any reason, I LOVE PICS!
    Anyone else have egg laying experience with these kinds of birds???

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  5. SIMPleChick

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Anyone else? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by