Chickens and Tigers? Now this is just wrong!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AllChookUp, Nov 6, 2008.

1. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Throwing chickens at eascaped tigers? From a AP release this morning:

Why did the chicken cross the road? To catch the escaped tigers

Mexican police recapture three escaped circus tigers by throwing them chickens to eat
    Associated Press, Thursday November 06 2008 11.15 GMT

"Authorities say three tigers that escaped from a Mexican circus truck were recaptured after police distracted them by throwing them chickens.

The local newspaper Cambio de Michoacan said the escaped cats holed up in a house in the western city of Zitacuaro. When they started breaking down the home's fence, police lobbed them chickens to eat until a dog catcher and the animals' trainer arrived.

An officer at the state police office in Zitacuaro said the tigers were loose for less than an hour.

They were recaptured yesterday and taken to a local police station where they were held until the owner agreed to pay for the chickens and damage to the fence."

I say they should have thrown the tigers some politicians. At least chickens produce something of value. [​IMG]

Here's a link to the release:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/06/tiger-escape-mexico

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG]

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Wouldn't work. They had to throw something the tigers were willing to eat!

4. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    I'm hoping the chickens were already processed...

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Let's hope they weren't live. Maybe they were packaged up chickens. That's what I am convincing myself that they were.

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    They had to be processed carcasses. I can't see policeman lobbing live chickens lest they get pooped upon. Plus, you don't want to encourage tigers to chase and hunt in the subdivision....

7. AllChookUp

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Too bad the story doesn't say. On one hand, it's in Mexico. On the other, why would they ever throw live chickens at tigers?

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I wouldn't think they'd throw live ones to them. They'd run off somewhere and then you couldn't get the tigers out and positioned where you wanted them to catch them. Imagine a tiger running around trying to catch a live chicken and the human catchers trying to sneak up on it or get a clear shot with a tranquilizer. A stationary dead one would probably serve them the best.

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Well, if the chicken was a broody, maybe she could subdue the tigers all by herself... (I know no tiger could stand up to little Pumpkin when she's serious about being broody!)

10. AllChookUp

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by