Chickens are a thing of beauty!

lauriefishies

Chirping
Nov 16, 2018
Let me introduce myself. My name is Laurie and I absolutely love chickens. At this point of time I have not owned chickens for about three years. My flock of eight has ended in tragedy and I just haven't gotten over the trauma of loosing them. Live in rural Tn and all was well for a few years until I had a rash of fox and dog attacks during the day when they were free ranging. Well I joined BYC to help me overcome my fear of having another flock again. I also started volunteering at a farm rescue to experience the beauty of chickens again and to remind me of my fascination with the connection of birds with dinosaurs. I could watch them all day! zxxx I still have a long way to go mentally to raise a flock again. Also I need to secure a run for them since I have allot of predators here. I just want to thank everyone for posting pics and for all the info on this site.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Laurie! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Please keep your chickens penned up to avoid predators like dogs. Hardware cloth will prevent them from getting in depending on height. Over 4 ft should work. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

GroupWelcome.gif

The gang at BYC says Welcome!

There is a lot of information on here about predator proofing!

Back
Top Bottom