Chickens are amazing

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by bayouchica, Jun 18, 2007.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Last year, I grew sunflowers for the chickens & they just freaked out on them. It's not like they've never had them before. [​IMG]
    Anyways this year some are starting to get ready, I'm out checking the flowers,see if they had seeds.All of a sudden my old roo Pepe` came out of nowhere calling all his girls. [​IMG] I told them to wait just a few more days. [​IMG]
    I can't believe that they can remember from that long ago.How cool is that??? [​IMG]
    Miriam

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    When it comes to food? Oh yeah, they remember! Now when it comes to where to lay an egg or that they were chased off that porch last time they pooped there, naw, they have selective memories. [​IMG]

3. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    HaHa...you're right about that.

Remember where the food is...forget where you're not supposed to poop!!!!

4. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Sound just like kids and dogs to me!!! [​IMG]

5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    that is so cool!!! I was amazed when we moved our five grown hens into the new coop and got them out of the dog pen. One hen watched me come to the fence and toss some feed over and then I went around and went into the coop to put in fresh water/food. Well, she came up the ramp and stood in the doorway and watched me and when I turned and opened the door she shot across the coop trying to get back out. Ha I caught her in time. She wanted to know how I was getting in there and how she could get out. I went into the house and told my DH..you said chickens were dumb! [​IMG]

6. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    yeah chickens are alot smarter than most people think. [​IMG]

When it comes to food? Oh yeah, they remember! Now when it comes to where to lay an egg or that they were chased off that porch last time they pooped there, naw, they have selective memories.

They even know what a cricket bucket looks like LOL! I hear ya, they just love to poop on my bench in the chicken yard, [​IMG] gotta love 'em.
    Miriam​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by