Chickens are asleep. What are you doing?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mrshafer5, Mar 13, 2018.

1. mrshafer5

mrshafer5 Songster

Mar 10, 2017
    West Salem, OH
    Just bored at work wishing I was home with my flock they'd be asleep anyway it's 11 pm in ohio. What are You doing?

BlueBaby likes this.
  2. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    I'm just sitting at my desk wishing I didn't have to go school tomorrow while all of the animals in my house are currently asleep.

BlueBaby and mrshafer5 like this.
  3. Chickassan

Chickassan Wattle Fondler

Eating a lime popcicle, and playing happy room wondering why I even have a lime popcicle because I swore I got strawberry out of the box.:)

BlueBaby and drumstick diva like this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Know what that's like - I had a class of coke, then for no reason at all poured milk into it - thinking(what???) the glass was empty. My age is really showing.

BlueBaby and Chickassan like this.
  5. Chickassan

Chickassan Wattle Fondler

Oh yeah, not like that one time was an isolated incident here either. I've threatened to put myself in the "home" several times. :gig

BlueBaby likes this.
  6. MochaDuck

MochaDuck Songster

Jun 7, 2018
    Fun thread

I'm sitting here bored, looking through BYC, wondering how to soothe my sore neck, and "watching" a nature documentary.

BlueBaby likes this.
  7. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. .....

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I *should* go clean the kitchen...... but I'd rather go work on my puzzle

BlueBaby likes this.
  8. ChickenFox

ChickenFox Crowing

Mar 5, 2013
    West Virginia
    I'm trying to sleep and failing. Upset about a few things but the one chicken related is really bothering me. Been helping my mother get a new flock going. Helping her pick out breeds, make sure the chicks are healthy and have proper food and housing.
    Her and Dad were supposed to have built a coop by now but the chicks are 5 weeks and still no coop. I suggested she could temporarily use the empty dog kennel she has so she can get the dust monsters out of the house during the day. Told her it wasn't secure enough to leave them in overnight and if she wanted to do that then she needed to buy some HC and attach to the bottom 3 feet at least...
    She didn't listen.
    She left the chicks out all night and I got a phone call this morning about how something killed 3 of them last night and she had no idea how it got in there... to say I was upset is putting it mildy.
    2 of the 3 were the ones she let me get for myself and so were my favorites and the other was 1 of the 2 dark brown egg layers that Dad really wanted.
    Technically they're all hers but the fact she refused to listen and now the chicks I helped her get and helped to take care of are dead just made me really upset.
    People ask for help and advice yet when you give it they decide they know better and so ignore it.

BlueBaby likes this.
  9. MochaDuck

MochaDuck Songster

Jun 7, 2018
    I'm sorry to hear that. :hugs

BlueBaby and ChickenFox like this.
  10. ChickenFox

ChickenFox Crowing

Mar 5, 2013
    West Virginia
    Thanks. I probably shouldn't be this emotional but at 7.5 months pregnant and already extremely upset about other things it's hitting hard. I even told her if she wasn't going to listen to what I had to say then I wasn't helping anymore and didn't want to hear it when the rest get killed. I'm usually not so harsh but I just couldn't deal today.

BlueBaby likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: