Chickens are baby dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by heathersboers, Dec 10, 2010.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    OK- My husband is DEATHLY afraid of chickens-- he will wrastle a horse or a goat, but not a chicken- I went last year and bought 50 chicks from our local Tractor Supply- he was not happy- Soon, when you saw me-you saw a FLOCK of chickens at my heels-Id run-theyd run-hilarious- My husband would throw scoops of scratch inthe yard to get them away from him while he was feeding the goats!!!! Thats why they are so fat [​IMG] Now-he has come around to liking chickens, he loves the colors, but still will not touch one-he says they are too close to baby dinosaurs. His son is the same way. Have you ever seen a 10 year old running like the mohicans are chasing him?? That was a kodak moment- a 10 year old overtaken with chickens-he picks up a feed scoop and swings it at them crying and screaming-I thought it was cute, the chickens liked him. He was soooo mad- Now he wants some chicks-I hate to tell him that they grow up one day into BIG chickens. Just thought Id share- Ive never seen a grown man so scared of a lil bitty harmless chicken.....

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] you need to video type them [​IMG]

3. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    hahahaahha! Oh man. He is totally right though, chickens are tiny dinosaurs. I look at them sometimes and they just scream VELOCIRAPTOR! He shouldn't be afraid of them though, for heavens sakes, they are a foot tall. He could stomp on one if it did try to eat him.

4. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    It seems kind of funny that chickens have the same stature as a T-rex. I mean, T-rexes had these huge teeth and roared. Chickens sit there and cluck and beg.

5. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    i was scared of my duck(MUSCOVY)at first too. it may be funny too watch soomebody else but when its you its not fun my brother had to do the chores for a week!

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I GUESS HE'D REALLY FREAK IF YOU GOT ONE OF THESE.................. lol [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

How come I always kill threads..................... [​IMG]

8. i<3chickens

i<3chickens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2010
    Ontario---Canada
    lol I like that last ostrich picture [​IMG]

9. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

i<3chickens :

lol I like that last ostrich picture [​IMG]

I think it's a Emu... but I agree awesome picture!​

10. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Quote:I think it's a Emu... but I agree awesome picture!

Ditto!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by