chickens are bullying the other one

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by moomoobiscuit, Nov 10, 2013.

1. moomoobiscuit

moomoobiscuit New Egg

Nov 10, 2013
    Hey guys. i recently got 5 chickens not sure what breed they are also they are all female but i was out cleaning and feeding them ect when i noticed one of them out of the coop which i thought was unusual due to it being very cold now i tried numerous times to get her in with the others not forcing it or anything but it was like the others where bullying it they wouldn't let her in she was pecking and making lots of noise at the door of the coop but they just wouldn't let her in so Ive made her a temporary bed for the night i don't want her dying due to the cold. is there maybe something wrong with her that's why they are shunning her or maybe due to stress of moving since i got them 2 days ago I'm just not sure what to do, have any of you guys had the same? thanks for looking.

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    This one may not have been in with the others when you got them. They have just been moved to a new environment and they are trying to work out the pecking order. It will settle down in time. As long as there is no blood, let them work it out. You can put out extra feeders and waterers so that she still can eat/drink.

3. moomoobiscuit

moomoobiscuit New Egg

Nov 10, 2013
    thanks for the help happy chooks i have put out extra food and water for her but hopefully this will end soon i was kinda worried haha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by