1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens are funny

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by youdontknow32, Oct 24, 2008.

1. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    So, chickens love my flip flops and my hair tie that I keep on my wrist....

I wear flip flops most of the time, but I quit wearing them to the chicken coop they would always peck at my feet so I started wearing clogs ya know with the heal out, well there is 2 places on each foot where my skin shows just two little holes and henny penny found the holes and started pecking my feet yet again!! So no more clogs=(

So about two weeks ago hubby and I were at the chicken coop with my son out in the run, I was holding Josh, my son, and I always wear my hair up so never normally have a spare hair tie on my wrist well on this day I had my hair down and I bent down with josh to see the chickens, a couple hens coming running over to us and jumping up?? So I got freaked out, well her they were after my hair tie but I thought they were after josh, so I took my hair tie off bing smart and showed it to the one hen and like lightning she took it from me!!! I about died of laughter chasing this hen so that she wouldn't choke on me hair tie because she didn't want to give it back, I finally got her and took it back, but I've learned my lesson never wear opened shoes or hair ties on your wrists around chickens!!

Ha, thanks for reading!

-Nicole

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  2. chantecler

chantecler Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Moncton New Brunswick
    [​IMG]

Mine love the hair ties too....

wonder why?

[​IMG]

3. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    haha, yea that is a strange thing!

4. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    Yes they are funny little creatures. Mine love to peck at polished toe nails too! I live in flip flops in the summer.
    I have a silver hair clip that I wore one time..and I do mean 1 time. I was cleaning the coop, bending down and such.
    My RIR hen jumped on my head to get the shiny object she was obsessed with...Ouch! I should have known better.
    [​IMG]

5. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

painted toe nails definately get pecked!!! I love their curiosity at colorful and interesting things..... [​IMG]

6. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Mine jump on my shoulders just to peck my hair. I tuck it down the back of my shirt if I don't have a hair tie on my wrist (which I usually don't LOL). They untie my shoes and fight over the laces. They peck at the rivets on my jeans, or anything different, and try to eat my earrings.

They're total pains in the neck, and that's why I love them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by