Chickens are gone....

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by mamaboyd, Sep 18, 2007.

1. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Well, our chickens went off today to be processed. [​IMG]:hitIt was kind of sad to see them in the cages after them roaming our yard and front patio yesterday. I told my DH last night that I would get up this morning and help round them up since I knew which hens were staying because they were getting closer to laying eggs. Well, he didn't wake me up, and stupid man put alot of the hens that were almost ready to lay in the cages.[​IMG]:he So, I got up in time to go out and see which ones he had kept, and I freaked cause they were the ones that weren't ready, only 2 hens that he kept had the bright red combs. Doesn't he listen to me after the past few weeks saying the ones with the red combs are staying:mad: So, I made him open up the cages and took out the few that were near the top and switched them for the ones with the pink combs, he wasn't happy!!! He had also put "Baby" the runt in with the ones to go as well as one that my kids have named that we stressed weren't to go. It made me so mad!!! His excuse...."how was I to know???" Like we told him last night, DUH. If he had waken me up this morning it would have saved some time. Anyhow, I think I got all the hens that were supposed to stay. It's kinda a sad day though.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  2. Gundyegg74

Gundyegg74 New Egg

Sep 23, 2007
    Neola, Iowa
    I am sorry. I know the pain.

3. homesteader

homesteader Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2007
    Maybe you were a tad harsh with your hubby. It sounds like he was just trying to help. I know we men have trouble listening sometimes, but at least he was trying to let you get some extra sleep. I don't know how you actually talked to him. I wasn't there. I just hope your anger didn't blind you to his well-intended, though not well-thought-out, gesture.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  4. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Thanks guys, I think I more freaked on the inside, I don't usually say mean things to him cause it falls on deaf ears!!(he doesn't listen to what I say anyways, things are always done "his way".) It's just that he knew we had and agreement the night before to go together cause I knew which hens were to stay as he didn't really care which ones did, even though over the past few weeks I was telling him that certain ones were getting close to laying. He just didn't seem to really have an interest at the time and just wanted to get the chickens to the processor. Now, every morning he keeps asking me if there's any eggs, even though many of the hens he kept weren't near being ready to lay. According to him if they don't start laying by the time the cold weather hits, they will all be going to the processor.[​IMG] I guess I'm gonna have to stand my ground again to keep them. I know, men try their best to help, but sometimes my hubby just does things to pee me off if you know what I mean, and to see how mad I get. As the saying goes....Men, you can't live them and you can't live without them!!

Oh yeah, and the maybe trying to let me get some extra sleep, I wish!! He loves to see me run around trying to deal with 5 kids first thing in the morning while he watches T.V. or he's the one sleeping in, not me.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by