Chickens Are Like Cars!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bridebeliever, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, I said chickens are like cars! You know how you shop for a car? You test drive, you go from lot to lot, you read about them online...you decide on the PERFECT car...and then you wind up with something totally different!! Yeah, kind of my experience with chickens. Tons of research on chickens, then decided on my "perfect" breeds, then I wound up with completely different chickens because the hatchery that I bought them from was out of what I wanted when I finally ordered!! [​IMG] I still love my babies and I'm really happy with what I have! But I seriously have NONE of the chickens I planned on having!

But I'll take it a step further. You know how you finally have your wonderful car and you think it's the greatest thing and SO original. Then you drive down the highway and see 15 cars in 5 minutes that are your same make and model! Not to mention you've been driving down the road with an identical car to your own...right down to the color for the last half hour!! Hilarious! [​IMG]

Yeah, same thing with chickens. I live 45 minutes out of town. Now that I own chickens I see coops EVERYWHERE! Since when did all these people get chickens?! Did they run out and buy chickens the same week I did? Seriously, I can't believe I didn't notice this before! [​IMG]

So my question to you all...

Chickens Are Like ??? You fill in the blank!

2. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    LOL! [​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @Bridebeliever I think you hit the nail on the head! [​IMG]

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    LOL! That's a good (and funny) analogy. :eek:)

5. Bridebeliever

Thanks. I couldn't resist! I saw so many other chicken owners out there AFTER I got mine! LOL

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    That's because getting chickens made you very aware of them. When I was pg, everywhere I went most of the woman were pg too. I thought it was some epidemic. I had a redheaded son and immediately, every place had red headed kids running around. When I was much younger I dated a very tall man (6'7" - 256 lbs.) I was barely 5 ft. tall. but, I'll be darned I kept seeing really tall men everywhere. How could I have missed them before?

It's really funny how that works.

8. Bridebeliever

It cracks me up! If I start seeing really fat people everywhere I'm in trouble!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by