Chickens are vomiting clear and yellow liquids. very worried. HELP????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TheBeatlesAddict, May 28, 2010.

1. TheBeatlesAddict

TheBeatlesAddict Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2010
    elkhart, indiana
    yesterday i was watching my baby chickies walk around the yard. everything seemed normal........... EXCEPT they appeared to "drool' occasionally. i'm new at this, is this normal?? idk what breed they are, they were a gift, i got them for easter this year

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. Were you holding a piece of cake?

3. TheBeatlesAddict

May 27, 2010
    elkhart, indiana
    no. they were walking around the yard pecking like they always and and i was sitting watching and i saw a clear liquid drip from his beak almost as if he were drooling

4. TheBeatlesAddict

May 27, 2010
    elkhart, indiana
    ok, now im even more worried. they are not drooling, after eating tonight the "drool' was yellow. im pretty sure they are all walking around randomly vomiting!! one of my babies was found dead this morning, idk if its a connection or a coincidence. please help, i cant take the heartache of losing another chicken. also their poop appears to be 20% water, 70% brown stuff (poop?) and 1% white stuff................ [​IMG] please help me!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

5. chickenGRAFFITI

chickenGRAFFITI Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2009
    Bump

6. babsbag

babsbag Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    Anderson, CA
    I am sorry you lost a baby. I don't know if I can help it all but here is a link that has pictures of chicken poo. There are quite a few variations of "normal".

http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

I am pretty certain that drooling or vomiting is not a normal chicken behavior. I have not seen mine do either of those in the year that I have had them. Is it possible that they got into some chemicals that might have been used in the yard? Or maybe they have found a plant that is poisonous. I would lock them up for a few days in a place that you know is safe and see if they get better. I would also feel their crop in the morning after they have gone all night without eating and see if it is empty, it should be.

Make sure they have fresh water, clean their waterer and feeders just to make sure.

Hopefully someone with more chicken knowledge can help. I would look for a way to maybe flush out thier systems in case they have been poisoned with something. I hope everything is ok.

Look around where they hang out and maybe posts the kinds of plants they have access to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by