Chickens ate my venus fly traps!

Sakmeht

Chirping
8 Years
May 19, 2011
I bought some fly traps for my daughter and my husband found the chickens munching on them! I had them up on top of their temporary coop that I used when they were smaller. I figured they were safe.
sad.png
It's been a couple weeks and they are growing back but very slowly. Anyone else find their chickens eating something really strange?

That is funny, sorry about the loss of your plants but seriously, how does a venus fly trap look tasty? Chickens are so weird.

Chickens are highly intelligent. I find it obvious that the chickens recognized the flytraps as a threat to their food supply and simply eliminated that threat.
wink.png

Let's see. Once my 8 girls had eaten all the grass, they turned to the elephant ears, cannas, amaryllis, bird of paradise, daylilies, crinums, and almost everything else in my once beautifully landscaped yard. About the only thing they have not eaten, thankfully, are my prized adeniums!! The gardens are now all fenced off, and I have happy girls digging holes everywhere. For the eggs & enjoyment they provide, I feel it's a fair exchange.

Back
Top Bottom