Chickens attacked, 2 dead, one injured. GRAPHIC PICS

Can you smell the wound? Being a little green is ok, it gets green when the white blood cells cover the exterior of the wound and then turns a greenish hue.

If it doesn't look angry or weepy, you're ok! 💗

You're doing a great job with him! 🥹
It doesn't smell at all

I forgot to give an update. A few days ago I put Peep back outside with the flock. I already have 2 roos in there, so I don't want Peep out any longer than he needs to be. They had a Rocky start and weren't getting along very well. I kicked out the top roo, and then Peep did pretty well. Later, I let the roo back in and he didn't have a problem with Peep. They got to free range after that. My plan was to put Peep back in the garage after I locked up the others for the night, and put him back in before I let them out. When I went out to put Peep away, he was snuggled up to my oldest roo, so I left him there. Peep was scared for the first 2 days, but now he seems more confident. They got to free range again yesterday. I was worried about Peep being able to eat and drink, since they have a porthole feeder and nipple waterer. He's eating and drinking great though. Last night, his crop was completely full. This morning he had the feeder all to himself. It snowed last night so the other birds didn't want to come out. He's doing really well! Right now, all of them are huddled up together.

I forgot to give an update. A few days ago I put Peep back outside with the flock. I already have 2 roos in there, so I don't want Peep out any longer than he needs to be. They had a Rocky start and weren't getting along very well. I kicked out the top roo, and then Peep did pretty well. Later, I let the roo back in and he didn't have a problem with Peep. They got to free range after that. My plan was to put Peep back in the garage after I locked up the others for the night, and put him back in before I let them out. When I went out to put Peep away, he was snuggled up to my oldest roo, so I left him there. Peep was scared for the first 2 days, but now he seems more confident. They got to free range again yesterday. I was worried about Peep being able to eat and drink, since they have a porthole feeder and nipple waterer. He's eating and drinking great though. Last night, his crop was completely full. This morning he had the feeder all to himself. It snowed last night so the other birds didn't want to come out. He's doing really well! Right now, all of them are huddled up together.
How's Peep doing now?

How's Peep doing now?
He's doing really well. His neck has almost completely healed. There's a really small scab. Both of his eyes are open. The one that was swollen is still a little funny, but it might always be like that. He's back to his old self, and his siblings are really happy to have him back. He's been getting along really well with my other roosters. He's eating and drinking a lot. I'll try to get some pictures of him tomorrow.

He's doing really well. His neck has almost completely healed. There's a really small scab. Both of his eyes are open. The one that was swollen is still a little funny, but it might always be like that. He's back to his old self, and his siblings are really happy to have him back. He's been getting along really well with my other roosters. He's eating and drinking a lot. I'll try to get some pictures of him tomorrow.
That's fantastic! Glad he's doing better now!
I thought his left eye was blind!? That's great it isn't!

That's fantastic! Glad he's doing better now!
I thought his left eye was blind!? That's great it isn't!
Thank you! :)

When it first happened his face was so swollen and bloody that I couldn't find his eye. Then, when it was opened a little he was having problems finding exactly where his food and water was. He missed probably half of the time. I was worried about him being able to eat and drink when I put him outside, so I brought him food and water. Then, he started eating enough on his own to completely fill his crop, which was a huge sigh of relief. He's still kinda thin compared to the others, but I know it will take time for him to gain weight.

Got some pics of Peep

Attachments

• 20221211_141351.jpg
    20221211_141351.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20221211_141337.jpg
    20221211_141337.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom