Chickens attacked my sandwiches!!!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Artemis Fowl, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Artemis Fowl

Artemis Fowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Arizona
    So yesterday it was kinda nice around here, so I decided to whip up a couple of fried egg sandwiches and enjoy the weather. While my eggs were cooking I go outside to set up my little picnic table, of course my chickens come to investigate to see if I have any treats. I go back inside finish up the sandwiches get some chips and head outside. I sit down and here come the chickens yet again, this time i shoo them away so I can eat in peace. i get two bites in and the phone starts ringing so stupid me goes running to answer it and leave the food unguarded. I come out to see the chickens huddled in a corner finishing off MY lunch [​IMG]... and for some odd reason I yell " HEY JERKS YOU DON'T SEE ME EATING YOUR MEALWORMS DO YOU!!??", as soon as it came out of my mouth I knew it was a mistake... Lucky me my neighbor's whole family were outside having a bbq and now they think I'm a crazy bug eater who talks to chickens [​IMG]

2. Fort Orpington

Fort Orpington Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2010
    That is just too funny!!!! A couple of weeks ago my 2 year old was walking around with a bag of ritz crackers and the chickens (buff orpingtons) thought that was the best thing in the world. They come up to her waist and she had no chance, every cracker she got out they just grabbed out of her hand. I finally had to pick her up, I guess I never thought how big a chicken must seem to a 2 year old.

3. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    Quote:[​IMG]

Jen

4. pontoosuc

pontoosuc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Richmond, MA
    great story. thanks!!

5. Artemis Fowl

Jun 13, 2010
    Arizona
    Quote:Instead of yelling I probably shoulda got some pictures [​IMG]

6. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Mine will take anything if you don't watch it, popcicles, sandwiches, Corn Chips, they figure if you eat it it's fair game. DON'T PUT A PLATE IN YOUR LAP. [​IMG] Does shooing them away actually work? I'm thinking NO. [​IMG]

7. Artemis Fowl

Jun 13, 2010
    Arizona
    Quote:If i stay out with them shooing usually works, but I went inside so my food was fair game [​IMG]

8. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. PhilErvin

PhilErvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2009
    Yucaipa, CA
    Quote:Maybe they WOULD be willing to share their Mealworms with you in exchange for that occassional fried egg sandwich....[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Artemis Fowl

Jun 13, 2010
    Arizona
    Haha I bet they would, but its not such a good trade for me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by