1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens can sure give you "the look"

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thndrdancr, Apr 15, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Well, I am new to raising chicks, but bought 3 at the feedstore a couple of weeks ago.
    Thanks everyone for the advice on my peeping chick, she was just stressed. I have tried to post pics, but cant figure out how to do so, darnit.
    But anyway, my lil grasshopper, Fandango, has that crooked beak, so I was reading she should probably have extra vitamins, etc, just in case its caused by Vit D deficiency, an so on.
    So...I take them all out on the kitchen floor and they play while I clean their box out and give them fresh water an such.
    Well, I added some vitamins to their water, and it made it cloudy. They ran over to their water, expecting pretty clear water and saw this cloudy crud, and I swear, two of them gave me this look that said..."THIS is FRESH???? What did you put in this crap???" Finally they took a small drink, shook their heads in disgust, and then they walked off....
    It was hilarious. Still laughing over that one...

2. pegbo

pegbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    They can be pretty fussy! Add a touch of sugar to the water with the vits. and maybe they'll drink it then.[​IMG]

3. johnny_smith09

johnny_smith09 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2007
    Norfork, AR
    go to imageshack.us and upload one of your pics. then when it gets to the page scroll down to the bottom until you see the hotlink for forum 1 or something. copy and paste the code into the message box and your pic will appear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by