Chickens can't walk right, one is down, one is clumsy but eating

Chik-n-the stix

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 11, 2011
We have a Americana hen ( 2 years old ) within the last two days what seemed all of a sudden is sitting in one spot head down not eating , not drinking not moving very much. Also within the last two day's our Barred Rock hen same age ( 2yrs) is clumsy sits on hind hunches , is in molt , and her bare spots are very red in color. The Barred Rock is eating and moving , though not moving well. Any Idea's?

Thanks. We have them separated. Our little Americana is about to pass. This is so sad. She has no breast meat it seems. I don't think we can do anything for her any more. This is such a helpless feeling.

The Barred Rock hen can walk far. Stumbles, clumsy. But eating...or at least appears she is. Her feet seem a bit swollen and pale. But she seems ok besides the clumsiness. I want to do something but I don't really know what to do. If anyone has any suggestions I would be so grateful.

It has been super cold here for the last week. We keep them in a large Coop with a heat lamp. The other night they were all sleeping outside. Could the cold have anything to do with it?

Back
Top Bottom