Chickens DO lay eggs right? UPDATE

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Redfeathers, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Somebody PLEASE tell her to stop teasing me and LAY ALREADY!! She's been squating for two weeks and is going to be 26 weeks this weekend. Look her in the eyes and tell her to get busy already.

[​IMG][​IMG]

My dear Diva Daisy decided TODAY 2/08 was the day to lay her first egg. Not in the nest box, she chose to lay it right by the side door next to the feeder.

I'M SO EXCITED!! lol

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

She's so cute! Spite is written all over her irises though...

3. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    I think the polish take a little long to mature. My sister has some that she got last Aug. they were 6 weeks old when she bought them. They are just starting to lay an egg every other day. she has them in breeding pens that are lighted.

4. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    The problem with Polish hens is they spend to much time doing their hair. They are much to busy with this to get around to egg laying. You could try squeezing her to get that first egg out.

5. hoosierhen

hoosierhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2007
    Indiana
    She says: "You want WHAT to come out of WHERE??? That's impossible!!!"

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    My polish pullets where 30+ weeks before they started laying.

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

What a DIVA! She has that look on her face like...." You've GOT to be kidding, you want what!"??Oh, and dont tell her...she has a feather out of place! [​IMG] Beautifull hen!!

8. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    She says: "You want WHAT to come out of WHERE??? That's impossible!!!"

[​IMG]
    My sentiments exactly, the eyes talk.

But I hate to burst any bubbles but my polish was the first to start laying. all beit a little late.

Seriously, when she does watch out, they are machines. It is well worth the wait.

I would like to know what color eggs she gives you, I get brown and she has the whitest earlobes and should be laying white. ???????

Good luck, remember all good things come to he (or her)who waits.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    My silver laced polish has just started laying about 2 weeks ago, she's about 30 weeks now.
    I'm still waiting on the other 2 to lay.

And she lays white eggs.

10. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    What a DIVA! She has that look on her face like...." You've GOT to be kidding, you want what!"??Oh, and dont tell her...she has a feather out of place! Beautifull hen!!

my thoughts exactly LOL so much expression in her face. I laugh every time I look at her pic. she just looks so prissy like a diva​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by