1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Chickens do not forget...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by msgenie516, Feb 13, 2009.

1. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Hi,

I cannot believe the memory my chickens have! Several days ago, I fed them some canned corn as a treat. I was at a door that does not go into their run and I dropped a few kernels on the ground. Now every time I open that door, they are furiously jumping out looking for that darned corn!

The Silkies are the worst "offenders" but, luckily, they are easy to handle and I can just "scoop them up" and return them to the coop. They are too funny! [​IMG] Genie

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Oh yes- I know that any time I walk out the door with anything in my hands I will be mobbed by the horde. [​IMG]

3. FarmerDenise

FarmerDenise Songster

Apr 21, 2007
    Sonoma County
    Their memory is a lot better then they've been given credit for. Especially when it comes to goodies to eat!!!

4. timbofarms

timbofarms Songster

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    They can sense fear too. They jump at my daughter everytime she goes in the run and she starts screaming. [​IMG]

5. Average time for a chickens memory is 2 weeks.

6. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Quote:Oh, oh, I guess I will have to scoop up jumping chickens for two weeks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by